Sailing Course Pricing
Week long classes:
Basic Sailing to Bareboat Charter Learn-n-Cruise: US $1,599 per guest
LADIES ONLY Basic Sailing to Bareboat Charter Learn- n-Cruise US $1,599.00 per guest
Cruising Catamaran Learn-n-Cruise: US $1,699 per guest
Advanced Coastal Cruising Learn-n-Cruise: US $2,399 per guest (9-day course)
10% discount for children under 15
Included in the cost:
- 6 days/nights instructional cruise aboard fully-equipped yacht in the 40-foot range (9 days/nights on the 106 course)
- ASA Certified Instructor
- Provisioning is included for all breakfasts, lunches, snacks and three evening meals on board. Plan for eating ashore three nights (five nights on the 106 course). Let us know if you have any special dietary needs. We will do our best to accomodate special diets, however some things are hard to get in the islands, so please be flexible.
- Hull insurance
- Fuel, ice and tank water
- Bed linens and towels
- Snorkel gear
Not included in the cost:
- Air fare
- Airport departure tax when flying home – $ 20 per person
- Taxi fares between airport and hotel or hotel and marina ($15 US each way for a four-person cab)
- Instructor gratuities - 10% to 15% of the course fee per student is a guideline
- Course textbooks. Texts are available from either your local bookstore, Amazon.com or from ASA directly at 310-822-9557. When contacting ASA, ask for Niecy and mention that you are registered for the ASA courses to receive the member discount.
- Optional cancellation insurance 6% of class fee
- Cruising Permit – $ 14 per person for the cruise
- Tobago Cays Park Entry Fee – $ 4 per person for a day
- Mandatory environmental fee if visiting Mustique – $ 75 (shared between guests)
- ASA Membership – $ 39 per guest
- Examinations – $ 20 each
- Shore accommodation – $ 99 including tax for a marina suite, double occupancy (in St Vincent)
- (Not Included in the cost) Customs clearance fees on the 106 courses – estimate total of $ 30 per guest
- To reserve a place:
- Please call us at 1-784-456-9526 or e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com to check availability. We will place a provisional reservation for you.
- Then, complete and return the booking form (fax to us at 1-784-456-9238 ) along with a 50% deposit of the basic course fee plus the cancellation insurance if required. Cancellation Policy: The initial deposit is non-refundable unless cancellation insurance has been purchased
- The initial 50% deposit may be paid as follows:
- By personal cheque drawn on a US Bank Account (sorry – no Canadian personal cheques) or by wire transfer directly to our US account. Please check with our office for banking information.
- By credit card – MasterCard or Visa.
- On receipt of your booking form and 50% deposit we’ll send you a confirmation package which will include a pre-arrival package for St Vincent and the Grenadines.
- The balance of the course fees will be payable on boarding – by credit card (but regret that in this case there would be a 4% fee – we swallow that fee on the initial deposit), or in cash or travellers’ cheques, or by cashier’s cheque or International Money Order in U.S.Dollars. Alternatively, you could pre-pay by wire. Please note that for our 106 courses that start in either St Lucia, St Maarten or Grenada, final payment is due no later than 42 days prior to departure.
BOSS’s Yachtsman’s Diesel Engine Course: $200.00 per person.
BOSS’s Yachtsman’s Rig Tuning Course: $200.00 per person.
Through this course participants will learn how to correctly tune the rig on a yacht, and how to ensure that your mast is set up safely and correctly for the sailing conditions you are going to experience. This course will not only teach you how to tune the rig, it will also teach how to identify any issues or problems with the rig prior to heading out and how to correct them.
The Barefoot Navigator: $1,699.00 per student
Designed by author and veteran sailor Jack Lagan exclusively for BOSS the course will be suitable for beginners as well as ASA- or RYA-qualified navigators.
ABOUT THE COURSE
The Barefoot Navigation course will consist of two parts: downloadable materials for pre-study; and one week of practical tuition on board a 40-50 foot vessel (dependent on class size) in the waters of St Vincent and the Grenadines.
Jack Lagan says: “The venerable history of navigation should not be scuttled in favour of the GPS set but, on the contrary, should be embraced to enhance the instinctive way-finding skills of all seafarers. The Barefoot Navigator is part history, part textbook and part polemic.”
Couples only on a Monohull $4,799.00
Couples only on a Catamaran $5,099.00
These courses are seasonal courses and only run from the 1st 0f May – 18th December.
For more information in regards to any of our courses, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.