Cruising Catamaran Learn-N-Cruise (courses run every week of the year)
*LAST MINUTE SPECIALS ON LNC CRUISES -
19th to 25th February 2017 – 101/103/104/114 – 2 slots available – $ 1,299 pp
26th to 4th March 2017 – 101/103/104/114 – 2 slots available – $ 1,399 pp
Includes: Basic Keelboat Sailing (101), Basic Coastal Cruising (ASA 103), Bareboat Chartering (ASA 104) and Cruising Catamaran (ASA 114)
10 AM Sunday through 1 PM Saturday
On this week-long cruise you will explore the Islands of the Grenadines on one of our swift, stable, spacious catamarans. Along the way you will have the opportunity to achieve your Bareboat Chartering and Cruising Catamaran certifications. Successful completion of the course will qualify you to charter your own monohull or catamaran up to 40 feet in length anywhere in the world.
This learning vacation is designed to introduce you to the skills unique to multihull sailing as well as give you the knowledge needed to safely enjoy charter boat sailing. You will receive individualised “coaching” tailored to your needs. The only pre-requisites for this course are pre-study and a desire to learn.
- The course begins Sunday afternoon. We will spend each night at anchor in one of the many picturesque bays and cays found in the Grenadines.
- Spend the week learning how to anchor, navigate, manoeuvre, trim sails, and skipper a Cruising Catamaran while surrounded by the beautiful crystal blue Caribbean waters unique to this part of the world.
- We provide everything you will need including food for most meals. Students are expected to share in meal preparation and clean-up duties. You just need to pack a few clothes – a swimsuit, your flip-flops and a carry a desire to learn and sail in this tropical environment. Added expenses include the cost of a few meals we will enjoy ashore, course textbooks, and the optional cost of ASA certification.
- Your boat will be in the 38 to 46 foot range.
- During the week your instructor will cover the curriculum for four levels of certification: Basic Keelboat Sailing, Basic Coastal Cruising, Bareboat Charter and Cruising Catamaran. The course will end on Saturday and depending on your preliminary study, skills and effort, you will have achieved all four levels of certification.
- Although no prior sailing is required to join this course, it is of great help to have on the water experience and knowledge when wanting to achieve your 101 – 114 within our week long Basic Learn and Cruise Course.
Tuition:$1,699.00 for week long course.
ASA Certification (optional): $20 per ASA certification + $39 ASA membership fee
Prerequisites: Pre-study of sailing terms and principles, and a desire to learn to sail.
101 – Sailing Made Easy, by ASA
103 – Coastal Cruising Made Easy, by ASA
104 – Bareboat Cruising Made Easy, by ASA
114 – Cruising Catamarans Made Easy, by ASA
Optional: Annapolis Book of Seamanship
Class size is limited so please call or e-mail for availability. 1-784-456-9526 or email@example.com. (Please note that responses may come from firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you!)
Thorough study of the textbooks will prepare you for the course and greatly enhance your learning. We recommend using the links below as guides to streamline your studying.
**Please arrive by 10.00 a.m. on Sunday ready to take your Basic Sailing (ASA 101) written test. This is the first of four written tests. Each level of certification has a written exam and a skills exam. Thorough study of the textbooks will prepare you for the course and greatly enhance your learning. We recommend using the Sailing Course Curriculum and Cruising Catamaran Curriculum (link found in sidebar to the right) as a guide to help streamline your studying. **
At the end of your learning vacation your boat will return to the Barefoot docks by 1.00 p.m. on Saturday. Please allow yourself two additional hours to unload, debrief, shower, etc, when planning your transportation home.