Basic Sailing-to-Bareboat Charter Certification Learn-N-Cruise (courses run every week of the year)
*LAST MINUTE SPECIALS ON LNC CRUISES -
7th – 13th August – Catamaran – 2 slots available – $ 1,399 pp
AUGUST 2016 COURSES – 10% DISCOUNT ALL MONTH
Monohull -$ 1,440 pp/ Catamaran $ 1,530 pp
Courses usually run from a Sunday through the following Saturday but to avoid starting on Sunday 25th December 2016 or Sunday 1st January 2017, we will be operating our courses as follows:
Christmas Learn and Cruise Course – 21st – 27th December
New Years Learn and Cruise Course – 28th December – 3rd January
Early Bird Learn and Cruise Course – 04th – 10th January 2017
From 8th January 2017, courses will resume the Sunday-through-Saturday week
(ASA 101,103,104) – we run these courses every week of the year – and up to 5 the same week.
10 AM Sunday through 1 PM Saturday – please email firstname.lastname@example.org for availability
The Basic Learn-’N-Cruise is our most popular course. In one week you will learn the basics of sailing while earning your ASA Certificates and progressing towards your Bareboat Chartering certification. Upon successfully completing your Bareboat Chartering certification, you gain the ability to charter your own sailboat up to 40’ anywhere in the world. This week-long live-aboard cruise gives students a hands-on learning experience while exploring the islands of the Grenadines. Pre-requisites include pre-study and a desire to learn.
- The course begins Sunday, around 10.00 a.m.. We will spend each night at anchor in one of the many beautiful bays and cays found in the Grenadines.
- Spend the week learning how to anchor, navigate, manoeuvre, trim sails, and skipper a larger sailboat while surrounded by the stunning scenery unique to this part of the world.
- We provide everything you will need including most food. Students are expected to share in meal preparation and clean-up duties. You just need to pack a few clothes – a swimsuit, your sandals and a desire to learn and sail in this tropical environment. Added expenses include the cost of a few meals we will enjoy ashore, course textbooks, and the optional cost of ASA certification.
- Most of the boats in our fleet range in length from 34’ to 50’. Our basic Learn-’N-Cruise will take place on a monohull in the 40’ range.
- During the week your instructor will cover the curriculum for three levels of certification: Basic Keelboat, Basic Coastal Cruising, and Intermediate Coastal Cruising (Bareboat Charter). The course will end on Saturday around noon.
- Although no prior sailing is required to join this course, it is of great help to have on the water experience and knowledge when wanting to achieve your 101 – 104 within our week long Basic Learn-’N-Cruise Course.
This course is exceptional value, combining an incredible sailing adventure while learning a lifelong skill. 2016 will be our 19th year of running our ASA operation in the Grenadines. We know how to do it right – and how to give our guests a good time.
Course Fees: $1,599 per person.
ASA Certification costs:
ASA Membership fee – $ 39
Examinations – $ 20 each
Pre-requisites: Pre-study of sailing terms and principles, and a desire to learn to sail.
101 – Sailing Made Easy, by American Sailing Association
103 – Costal Cruising Made Easy, by American Sailing Association
104 – Bareboat Cruising Made Easy, by the American Sailing Association
Optional: Annapolis Book of Seamanship
Class size is limited so please call or e-mail for availability. 784-456-9526 or email@example.com. (Please note that responses may come from firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you!)
**Please arrive by 10.00 a.m. on Sunday, ready to take your Basic Keelboat (ASA 101) written test. This is the first of three written tests. Each level of certification has a written exam and a skills exam. Thorough study of the books before arrival will stand you in good stead for getting through the tests. We recommend using the Sailing Course Curriculum (link found in sidebar to the right) as a guide to help streamline your studying.**
At the end of your learning vacation your boat will return to the Barefoot docks by 1.00 p.m. on Saturday. Please allow yourself two additional hours to unload, debrief, shower, etc, when planning your transportation home.