Basic Sailing to Bareboat Charter Certification Learn-N-Cruise
*LAST MINUTE SPECIALS ON LNC CRUISES -
12th to 18th July – 2 slots available (Monohull) – $ 1,099 per person
13th to 19th July – 2 slots available (Catamaran) – $ 1,199 per person
19th to 25th July – 2 slots available (Monohull) – $ 1,299 per person
(ASA 101,103,104) – we run these courses every week of the year – and up to 5 the same week.
10 AM Sunday through 1 PM Saturday – please email firstname.lastname@example.org for availability
The Basic Learn-N-Cruise is our most popular course. In one week you will learn the basics of sailing while earning your ASA Certificates and progressing towards your Bareboat Chartering certification. Upon successfully completing your Bareboat Chartering certification, you gain the ability to charter your own sailboat up to 40’ anywhere in the world. This week-long live-aboard cruise gives students a hands-on learning experience while exploring the islands of the Grenadines. Pre-requisites include pre-study and a desire to learn.
- The course begins Sunday afternoon. We will spend each night at anchor in one of the many beautiful bays and cays found in the Grenadines.
- Spend the week learning how to anchor, navigate, manoeuver, trim sails, and skipper a larger sailboat while surrounded by the beautiful scenery unique to this part of the world.
- We provide everything you will need including food. Students are expected to share in meal preparation and clean-up duties. You just need to pack a few clothes – a swimsuit, your sandals and a desire to learn and sail in this tropical environment. Added expenses include the cost of a few meals we will enjoy ashore, course textbooks, and the optional cost of ASA certification.
- Most of the boats in our fleet vary in length from 34’ to 50’. Our basic Learn-N-Cruise will take place on a monohull in the 40’ range.
- During the week your instructor will cover the curriculum for three levels of certification: Basic Keelboat Sailing, Basic Coastal Cruising, and Intermediate Coastal Cruising (Bareboat Charter). The course will end on Saturday around noon.
- Although no prior sailing is required to join this course, it is of great help to have on the water experience and knowledge when wanting to achieve your 101 – 104 within our week long Basic Learn and Cruise Course.
This course is exceptional value, combining an incredible sailing adventure while learning a lifelong skill. 2015 will be our 18th year of running our ASA operation in the Grenadines. We know how to do it right – and how to give our guests a good time.
Tuition: $1599.00 for week long course.
ASA Certification (optional): $99 ($20 per ASA certification plus $39 ASA-required new student fee with ASA 101)
Prerequisites: Pre-study of sailing terms and principles, and a desire to learn to sail.
101 – Sailing Made Easy, by American Sailing Association
103 – Costal Cruising Made Easy, by American Sailing Association
104 – Bareboat Cruising Made Easy, by the American Sailing Association
Optional: Annapolis Book of Seamanship
Class size is limited so please call or e-mail for availability. 784-456-9526 or email@example.com. (Please note that responses may come from firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you!)
All Learn-n-Cruise courses require a minimum of two students, maximum four students, for confirmation.
**Please arrive by 10AM on Sunday ready to take your Basic Sailing (ASA 101) written test. This is the first of three written tests. Each level of certification has a written exam and a skills exam. Thorough study of the textbooks, “Sailing Fundamentals” and “Cruising Fundamentals”, will prepare you for the course and greatly enhance your learning. We recommend using the Sailing Course Curriculum (link found in sidebar to the right) as a guide to help streamline your studying.**
At the end of your learning vacation your boat will return to the Barefoot docks by 1pm on Saturday. Please allow yourself two additional hours to unload, debrief, shower, etc, when planning your transportation home.